We describe the analysis of IgG and IgA serum antibodies of a 56 year old female diabetes mellitus type 1 patient with the PEPperCHIP® Infectious Disease Epitope Microarray. With just one chip, we identified a number of antibody responses against various viral and bacterial antigens including previously unknown Helicobacter pylori and Toxoplasma gondii infections, which were validated by standard diagnostic tests or in-depth epitope mapping.
- Download the Application Note: IgG and IgA Antibody Profiling with the PEPperCHIP® Infectious Disease Epitope Microarray
- Please download the detailed report including raw data from our Application Note website.
- Material Data Sheet of the PEPperCHIP® Infectious Disease Epitope Microarray
The PEPperCHIP® Infectious Disease Epitope Microarray covers 3,857 linear B-cell epitopes of various bacterial, fungal, parasitic and viral pathogens from the Immune Epitope Database.
The database-derived epitopes correlate with 191 pathogens of more than 100 infectious diseases including e.g. Lyme disease, Tuberculosis, Candidiasis, Helicobacter Pylori Infection, Malaria, Hepatitis, Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever and many more.
The new PEPperCHIP® Infectious Disease Epitope Microarray enables the multiplexed analysis of IgG, IgM and IgA antibody responses in human sera for a variety of applications such as:
- the identification of unknown infections in patient sera
- the discovery of hidden secondary infections
- a correlation of autoimmune diseases with antibody responses raised by infections
- the immune monitoring of patients before and after infections and immunizations